4 Days of Mountain Fun & Fall Foliage
Let us craft a custom itinerary for you based on what you like. Tell us your personal wine and beer preferences, the types of food you love, and what combination of relaxing, romantic, and adventurous getaway you’re looking for. We will tailor your 4 day getaway even more. For now, here’s the getaway we recommend. Check it out – you will love it!
- Check in
- Enjoy a game or two of bocce
- Settle into your romantic room and relax
- Have a dinner together with sunset views
- Clink to good times with after dinner drinks
- Unwind at the outdoor fire pit – snuggle up and get cozy!
- Wake up to a gourmet breakfast
- Hike the Appalachian Trail
- Go wine tasting at one of the wonderful wineries in the area
- Enjoy dining in town
- End the day watching the sunset in the crisp Autumn air
- Savor your last breakfast at the inn
- Check out
- Walk around the beautiful grounds and view the stunning fall foliage
- Take one more walk on the trails
- Have a safe trip home
Experience Magical Fall Foliage
The best part about Vermont in the fall is the stunning foliage. There are so many ways to celebrate fall!
- Apple picking
- Snuggling up by the fire
- Stunning foliage
- Romantic dinners out
- And more!
Stay in the Know
Be the first to hear about our special events, offers, and more!
Everyone loves Vermont’s gorgeous green mountains but our favorite New England state also offers some of the area’s best swimming destinations! Make your romantic getaway equally relaxing and outdoorsy with a trip or two to the lake for kayaking, canoeing, picnics, relaxing, and of course, swimming! We have some of the best lakes located within the surrounding countryside of our bed and breakfast in VT. Check out some of the top swimming options Vermont has to offer!
Camp Plymouth State Park – 17 miles from Crisanver House
Located in Vermont’s gorgeous Central Lakes region, Camp Plymouth State Park is a beautiful park with large trees, perfect for getting some relaxing shade after a swim in the sun. This long and thin lake is also ideal for paddling adventures. Take advantage of the canoe, kayak, and pedal boat rentals and mix things up after a swim.
Bomoseen State Park – 29 minutes from Crisanver House
This pristine 3,576-acre park is located in the Taconic Mountains and features a few different quarry holes, perfect for a unique swimming experience. Marvel at the historic slate and rich history that this area embodies. If you’re looking for some exercise, try a self-guided tour of the Slate History Trail after you’ve enjoyed an afternoon of swimming.
Halfmoon Pond State Park – 32 miles from Crisanver House
This quaint and quiet park boasts nearly 3,500 acres of lush green grass and woodlands perfect for camping or just relaxing by the waterfront. Pack a picnic lunch to enjoy together by the water, explore the woods with a leisurley hike, and then go for a swim – sounds like the perfect day!
Lake St. Catherine State Park – 33 miles from Crisanver House
Lake St. Catherine State Park is made up of 117 acres. Couples have been enjoying swimming here since 1953. A historic and beautiful state park, Lake St. Catherine’s is known for slate quarrying operations and more. Soak up a little Vermont history while enjoying yourself at this charming location.
Branbury State Park – 34 miles from Crisanver House
Near the Green Mountain National Forest, you will find Branbury State Park. It is an almost 70-acre park that used to be a working farm and is now a location enjoyed by locals and tourists alike, especially in the summer! This property also features a quaint picnic area. Have a romantic dinner out – Vermont style and end the day with a swim.
Now that you have some ideas of wonderful places to take a dip and relax lakeside, all that’s left to do is check availability at our Vermont bed and breakfast, pack your bags, and get away!
We are proud to announce that our Vermont bed and breakfast has received the 2016 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence! Crisanver House is a beautiful restored farmhouse that embodies the quaint charm of the Vermont Green Mountains. Our romantic bed and breakfast is the perfect place to relax when you’re ready to get away and enjoy a peaceful vacation in a gorgeous New England town.
Let us host you in Shrewsbury, VT and enjoy luxurious amenities – all complementary with your stay! Each of our rooms are comfortable and romantic. Peruse the options here and choose which room you want to spend a relaxing and luxurious getaway in.
Join us in Vermont and enjoy…
- Miles of pictureque hiking
- Antique shopping
- Corn mazes
- Hot air balloon rides
- Opera and theatre at The Paramount Theater
- Live music at the Vermont Symphony Orchestra
- Pampering spa treatments
- Delicious signature breakfasts
- And so much more!
Want to hear about the stays our guests have experienced? Visit Crisanver House’s TripAdvisor page to read reviews from our valued guests.
Book your stay at our award winning inn today! We can’t wait to host you.
Spring has sprung in Vermont, our beautiful Green Mountain state! If you’re planning a spring getaway at our Vermont bed and breakfast, we have a full list of top Vermont activities we recommend putting on your itinerary. Boredom isn’t possible in Vermont this time of year. Don’t forget to enter our FREE night giveaway too! It’s easy to do. Now, onto the fun…
- Venture Vermont Outdoor Challenge 2016 – If you’re a fan of the outdoors, challenge yourself to this unique event. Download a list of activities here, complete as many activities as you can between now and October 15, take photos of your activities, submit your score sheet and photos, and redeem for free state park entry for the rest of this year and all of next! This is perfect for our guests who visit frequently. View a video and get more information here.
- Spring Wildcrafting – Go on an edible mushrooming adventure with a Rockland-Miller. Dress for the perfect spring hike and enjoy an adventurous and educational experience, including a colorful presentation, foraging strategy information, and a guided woods tour. Register today.
- Vermont Crafts Spring Open Studio – Explore this one-of-a-kind display of local art and view the work of local Vermont artisans. Get the unique opportunity of seeing the studios of these local artists, peruse and/or purchase their work, and speak with them directly. 194 participants will open their studios to the public May 28-29. See the work of glassblowers, jewelers, print-makers, potters, painters and more during open studio weekend!
- Cheese & Dairy Celebration at Billings Farm & Museum – If art isn’t your thing, maybe local dairy products interest you. Sample delicious New England cheeses and dairy products, meet local cheese makers, and learn to make cheese, ice cream, and butter during this weekend celebration, May 28-29.
- Live Music with Rick Redington & The Luv – Come on out on a beautiful Vermont summer evening and enjoy musical guests, Rick Redington & The Luv as they display their unique blend of folk, country, blues, and even a little bit of rock on June 10.
- Wanderlust Festival – This award winning event encompasses the best of summer in New England. Participants will include the world’s leading yoga teachers, musical acts, DJs, speakers, chefs, winemakers, and much more. Dance under the stars, sip cocktails, hike in the outdoor Vermont beauty, and enjoy a farm-to-table style dinner, June 16-19.
- RockFire – Celebrate the heritage of Vermont in the abandoned quarries and granite ruins on June 24-28. Whether you’re a local or a guest, you will appreciate the beauty of the area. This event is suitable for the whole family and will include outdoor activities, bonfires, and live performances. Click here for more information.
- Vermont Quilt Festival – This year marks the 40th anniversary of the largest and oldest quilt event in New England. From June 24-26 experience quilts from 90 plus national vendors, lectures, classes, demos, and plenty of time for shopping – it’s the perfect opportunity to find a unique Vermont keepsake to take home with you.
- Man of La Mancha – Take in a 2 hour epic musical based on the adventures of Don Quixote. Purchase tickets here.
- 37th Annual Quechee Balloon Festival – See Vermont’s natural beauty from up above with a fabulous hot air balloon ride during this two day event, June 17-19. There will also be plenty of festivities for everyone still on the ground, including music, craft artisans and vendors, children’s activities, a bounce house, and delicious festival food.
Now the hard part will be picking when to visit. We can’t wait to host you this spring and make your Vermont stay one to remember. Check availability today!